Eco Friendly Choices! Products that can help save the ocean.
The Average Plastic Bag is Used for 12 Minutes ... and Takes 500 Years to Break Down
Plastic vs. Paper
Americans use 100 billion plastic bags a year, requiring more than 12 million barrels of oil to manufacture.
- Only 1% of plastic bags are recycled. The rest are in landfills.
- It takes 500 (or more) years for a plastic bag to degrade in a landfill. They never “go away” - instead becoming micro-plastics that absorb toxins and continue to pollute the environment.
- Paper comes from a renewable resource. Each year 1.7 billion trees are planted in the United States.
- Paper is recycled at a higher rate than plastic. A record 67.2% of paper consumed in the US was recovered for recycled in 2016. The remainder is often reused for other purposes including composting.
- Paper is recyclable, biodegradable, and compostable.
Loading... Please wait...